Monday, December 24, 2012

Conferment of titles should not divide the DAP leadership. Sdr Karpal Singh should bring this issue before the Central Executive Committee

MEDIA STATEMENT:

I refer to the view expressed by Sdr Karpal Singh to the media with regard to the Datukship titles conferred on Sdr Teng Chang Khim and me.

I believe honour is gained by the way we live our lives.

I would like to state that when I was the Senior Exco member of the Perak State Government, I had never sought to be conferred with any honour or title. However, His Royal Highness the Sultan of Perak on his own accord conferred on me the Datukship title. This is his right and discretion to exercise.

The matter was brought up for discussion before the Central Executive Committee (CEC) of the DAP before I accepted the award. Sdr Karpal Singh was against it but the majority of the CEC was of the view that I should accept the award and that this issue should not be allowed to distract the party from the more important and urgent task of governing the State of Perak well.

I hope Sdr Karpal Singh will accept the majority decision of the CEC and move on. This issue should not cause any division to the party leadership. If Sdr Karpal Singh feels strongly about his view,  he should bring it before the CEC for a review.

Dated this 24th day December 2012.



NGEH KOO HAM
MP for Beruas &
State Assemblyman for Sitiawan

1 comment:

beruangah said...

I think your DAP supporters prefer to call you Mr. Ngeh instead of YB Datuk Ngeh. Please wake up.