Dato' Ngeh Koo Ham visiting denggi fever patients from Manjung in Ipoh hospital with YB Sivanesan
The recent denggi fever outbreak in the district of Manjung is of my utmost concern though many parts of Malaysia are also on the alert.
While we wait for the authorities to identify the causes or the sources,
we would like all the people to play our parts rather than to leave the entire job to others. The Jabatan kesihatan and the Majlis Perbandaran Manjung are working tirelessly to control and hopefully this denggi problems can be eradicated in the shortest possible time.
Few things we hope and advise all the people to carry out, namely
1) Carry out gotong -royong to clean up the respective areas.
2) Make sure there is no stagnation of water in any form.
Any form of stagnations of water even just 1ml can be the breeding
grounds for the Aedes.
3) Apply abate to the septic tanks and any water containers.
4) Apply mosquitoes repellant if necessary
5) Any fever detected in any members of the family , get admitted to hospital immediately.
6) Open all doors and windows of your house during fogging
by the Jabatan Kesihatan fogging teams.
WE hope this problem can be contained as soon as possible.