Friday, February 6, 2015

MEDIA CONFERENCE NY NGEH KOO HAM, MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT FOR BERUAS AT DAP PERAK HEADQUARTERS, IPOH ON 6th February 2015 at 11.00am.

YDP Beruas Hj Abdul Samad Bin Naim(2nd from left) & Ustaz Zulkifi Bin Hassan(2nd from right) also attend the PC 

1) Ngeh Koo Ham, MP for Beruas to proceed with legal action against Ismail Sabri Yaakob for describing him and his family as ‘anti-Islam’.

2) Prime Minister, Najib Tun Razak must sack Ismail Sabri Yaakob for lying and continue to lie to avoid responsibilities.

3) Call on Islamic Religious authorities to reprimand Ismail Sabri Yaakob to show that Islam also does not condone his conduct.
_____________________________________________________

The time given by me to the Agriculture and Agro-based Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob to retract and apologise to me and my family for his false accusation that we are anti Islam has lapsed. I have instructed my lawyer to proceed with legal action against him.

Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has been reported to say that he will not apologise for his call to the Malays to boycott Chinese businesses in order to lower down the prices of goods and also for falsely describing me and my family as anti Islam.

In his original posting in his facebook, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob had lied on 2 matters. Firstly, that the Old Town White Coffee chain owned by Old Town Bhd belongs to me and my family i.e I have shares in the said company. Secondly, that my family and I are anti Islam.

His posting had caused a public outcry and when he was confronted, he tries to avoid responsibility by telling 2 further lies. He said that his posting refers to only ‘stubborn’ Chinese traders and subsequently from the Prime Minister Office’s statement, he was quoted as saying he has not targeted any specific race with his social media post. This a clear lie as his posting clearly targeted the Chinese traders. His fourth lie is when informed that I have threatened to take legal action against him he replied that he was not referring to me and my family. I have stated that there is only one DAP Ngeh family in whole of Perak and that is my family. I have on 3/2/2015 challenged him to name another Ngeh family that he has known when he made the defamatory statement but until today he has not been able to name one.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak cannot be keeping a man proven to be quick to lie in his cabinet as he will pose a great danger to the nation.

The fact that he has withdrawn his posting and avoided identifying me and my family as his targets are clear admissions of guilt on his part. His actions clearly prove that his statement against me and my family is untrue.

The Islamic Authorities should reprimand him for using the Islamic Religion to falsely defame me and my family.

This is an opportunity for our Islamic authorities to state clearly that Islam is against defaming others and against lying. This is also an opportunity for the Islamic authorities in our country to refute the accusation by some that they only act against those who are of lesser station in our society. The Islamic authorities can also take this opportunity to emphasise the importance of the substantive values taught by Islam apart from the teaching on the appropriate attire to wear and whether a certain food is halal or otherwise. I am of the view that substance is equally if not more important than form.


Dated this 6th day of February 2015.


YB Dato’ Ngeh Koo Ham
MP for Beruas
Perak State Assemblyman for Sitiawan
Deputy Secretary General,
DAP Malaysia

No comments: